10. Eighteen teams - one goal.
9. Buddy making one of his monster runs
8. Seeing a “Mark of the Year” candidate and thirty seconds later seeing another one
7. No helmets, no facemasks, no pads - all good
6. Buddy launching one of his monster kicks
5. Eddie. His pocket.
4. The siren and the songs.
3. Richmond trying for two in a row.
2. Best sport going - yes.
1. It’s on.
The AFL season begins Thursday, March 22nd.
League news, team coverage, standings, statistics and match highlights are all on the official AFL website.
An excellent explanation of the game and its rules has been produced by the AFL and can be found here.
Official 2016 Grand Final highlights can be found here.
I'm only a budding fan of the sport, having watched it some back in the early 80's and found it again last year. It's an amazing game to watch. The skill and talent of its players is amazing. The big plays are stunning to see while the small things in each match seem to make just as much impact on the outcome.
10. Turn over the couch cushion to reset the pre-formed divot
9. Discover Sunday also has 24 hours in it not just the 6 hours remaining once all the games have ended
8. Fuel up the lawnmower to at least make it appear you intend to use it
7. Have conversations with the other people who live in house with you
6. Figure out if chicken wings and jalapeno poppers go good with binge-watching streaming TV shows
5. Actually pay attention to weather forecasts for Sunday because you might actually leave the house
4. Learn your remote control can flip to more channels than the two or three you always use
3. Stay a little longer at church because no one is under pressure to get everyone home before kickoff
2. Toss your team jerseys into the laundry basket
1. Continue to not watch NFL games
10. Played inside a dome so the players and fans won’t get hot, cold, wet, dry or in any way uncomfortable
9. The last Super Bowl not to be named, “The Patriots Invitational”
8. The New England running backs can still not be identified in street clothes by any fans
7. Trademarked Sickness Bag included in the official game swag
6. Television ratings will be down for this broadcast, too
5. The Philadelphia quarterback cannot be identified in street clothes by any fans
4. Tom Brady not headed for the NFL Senior Tour just yet
3. Justin Timberlake in the Half Time show to make up for his lack of exposure over the last six years
2. Vince McMahon's U.S. Bank Stadium VIP Suite tickets have been voided
1. No one will watch the commercials this year, either
What This Is
Top Ten lists are compact, simple and exactly ten items in length (most of the time).