10. “Real cranberry/not real cranberry” taste test
9. Pre-meal planning so you won’t have to sit next to that aunt
8. Loosen Your Waistband Post-Meal Grunt-Off
7. Driveway Arrival Time Parking Position Roulette
6. Correct Identification Of All Side Dishes Checklist
6a. Someone Made Side-Dish B When They Were Supposed to Make Side-dish C and Now We Have No
Side-Dish C At All and Twice As Much Side-Dish B Than Anyone Wanted
5. Trip Millage Travelled To Get There Comparison Harrumphing
4. Celebratory slicing of the first piece of pie
3. Who needs utensils when you can eat the olives right off your fingertips?
2. Graduation from the kids table to sitting with the adults
1. Doze-Off In Front of the Television Holiday Season Inauguration
13. It’s football season?
12. An entire football game = 3 to 4 hours. Highlight shows = 30 minutes.
11. Some cooking shows these days are really engaging
10. We were watching some commercials and a football game came on
9. Don’t need to watch the game, just need our fantasy numbers
8. Footballed-out from college football on Saturday
7. Madden 17
6. Binge watching entire series of zombies, nerds and superheroes
5. Not buying the NFL Ticket
4. Not going out somewhere to watch the game and spend money
3. The games totally interrupt our social media time
2. Not sitting at home to watch the regional broadcast of my terrible regional team
What This Is
Top Ten lists are compact, succinct, simple and exactly ten items in length (most of the time).