10. Turn over the couch cushion to reset the pre-formed divot
9. Discover Sunday also has 24 hours in it not just the 6 hours remaining once all the games have ended
8. Fuel up the lawnmower to at least make it appear you intend to use it
7. Have conversations with the other people who live in house with you
6. Figure out if chicken wings and jalapeno poppers go good with binge-watching streaming TV shows
5. Actually pay attention to weather forecasts for Sunday because you might actually leave the house
4. Learn your remote control can flip to more channels than the two or three you always use
3. Stay a little longer at church because no one is under pressure to get everyone home before kickoff
2. Toss your team jerseys into the laundry basket
1. Continue to not watch NFL games
10. Played inside a dome so the players and fans won’t get hot, cold, wet, dry or in any way uncomfortable
9. The last Super Bowl not to be named, “The Patriots Invitational”
8. The New England running backs can still not be identified in street clothes by any fans
7. Trademarked Sickness Bag included in the official game swag
6. Television ratings will be down for this broadcast, too
5. The Philadelphia quarterback cannot be identified in street clothes by any fans
4. Tom Brady not headed for the NFL Senior Tour just yet
3. Justin Timberlake in the Half Time show to make up for his lack of exposure over the last six years
2. Vince McMahon's U.S. Bank Stadium VIP Suite tickets have been voided
1. No one will watch the commercials this year, either
10. There is finally a reason to read the ticker at the bottom of the television screen.
9. Less traffic on the streets each Sunday afternoon.
8. Water-cooler talk at the office morphs into water-cooler chest-bumping.
7. Can better justify why the television covers an entire wall of the living room.
6. Snack food companies can introduce new flavors of their staple chips upon unsuspecting fans.
5. 2-hour long highlight shows.
4. Hides the fact Summer is over, Fall will soon be gone and Winter is on its way.
3. Get to find out if your favorite team’s No. 1 overall draft pick in 2014 is still on the roster.
2. Get to find out if you can still wear your replica jersey of your team’s No. 1 draft pick in 2014.
1. Did the NFL season ever really end?
What This Is
Top Ten lists are compact, simple and exactly ten items in length (most of the time).