10. There is finally a reason to read the ticker at the bottom of the television screen.
9. Less traffic on the streets each Sunday afternoon.
8. Water-cooler talk at the office morphs into water-cooler chest-bumping.
7. Can better justify why the television covers an entire wall of the living room.
6. Snack food companies can introduce new flavors of their staple chips upon unsuspecting fans.
5. 2-hour long highlight shows.
4. Hides the fact Summer is over, Fall will soon be gone and Winter is on its way.
3. Get to find out if your favorite team’s No. 1 overall draft pick in 2014 is still on the roster.
2. Get to find out if you can still wear your replica jersey of your team’s No. 1 draft pick in 2014.
1. Did the NFL season ever really end?
13. It’s football season?
12. An entire football game = 3 to 4 hours. Highlight shows = 30 minutes.
11. Some cooking shows these days are really engaging
10. We were watching some commercials and a football game came on
9. Don’t need to watch the game, just need our fantasy numbers
8. Footballed-out from college football on Saturday
7. Madden 17
6. Binge watching entire series of zombies, nerds and superheroes
5. Not buying the NFL Ticket
4. Not going out somewhere to watch the game and spend money
3. The games totally interrupt our social media time
2. Not sitting at home to watch the regional broadcast of my terrible regional team
10. Has the word, "Institute" in their school name
9. Before the game, their marching band members are recruited to play on the offensive line
8. Have no bus to travel in, only a really well-organized carpool
7. The head coach cannot figure out which end of his headset to speak in to
6. Left over scholarship spots filled in by tackling dummies
5. Team name appears on jumbo-tron scoreboard as, "Visitor"
4. When they break the huddle - pulled hamstrings
3. Think they are making a road trip to compete in a chess tournament
2. Have to shorten the game to only three quarters
1. Are on the schedule next season, too
10. Carries a clipboard into every huddle
9. The back of his jersey read, "Quarterback"
8. Thinks the players on the opposing defense deserve a chance to catch his passes, too
7. Doesn't want his head weighed down by "that awkward helmet thing"
6. When lined up in the shotgun formation - punts the ball
5. During timeouts, runs to the sideline to discuss strategy with the offensive line coach
4. Only audibles to change where he wants to take the team out to dinner after the game
3. Wear eye-black under his nose in the shape of a mustache
2. Tells everyone the Two Minute Drill is something you buy at a hardware store
1. Was drafted in the first round by Cleveland
What This Is
Top Ten lists are compact, succinct, simple and exactly ten items in length (most of the time).